In Chapter 4, we will discuss matters related to anxiety disorders including their clinical presentation, epidemiology, comorbidity, treatment options, and etiology. Our discussion will include Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Specific Phobias, Social Anxiety Disorder, and Agoraphobia. Be sure you refer to Chapters 1-3 for explanations of key terms (Chapter 1), an overview of the various models to explain psychopathology (Chapter 2), and descriptions of the various therapies (Chapter 3).
- 4.1. Panic Disorder
- 4.2. Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- 4.3. Specific Phobia
- 4.4. Social Anxiety Disorder
- 4.5. Agoraphobia
- 4.6 Etiology
Chapter Learning Outcomes
- Describe the various anxiety disorders and their symptoms.
- Describe the epidemiology of anxiety disorders.
- Describe comorbidity in relation to anxiety disorders.
- Describe treatment options for anxiety disorders.
- Describe the etiology of anxiety disorders.