In Chapter 6, we will discuss matters related to mood disorders to include their clinical presentation, epidemiology, comorbidity, etiology, and treatment options. Our discussion will include Major Depressive Disorder, Persistent Depressive Disorder (formerly called Dysthymia), Bipolar I Disorder, Bipolar II Disorder, and Cyclothymic Disorder.
- 6.1. Depressive Disorders
- 6.2. Bipolar Disorders
Chapter Learning Outcomes
- Describe how depressive disorders present and be able to distinguish between the different types of depressive disorders.
- Describe how bipolar disorders present be able to distinguish between the different types of bipolar disorders.
- Describe the epidemiology of mood disorders.
- Describe comorbidity in relation to mood disorders.
- Describe the etiology of mood disorders.
- Describe treatment options for mood disorders.