In Chapter 9, we will discuss matters related to personality disorders to include their clinical presentation, epidemiology, comorbidity, etiology, and treatment options. Our discussion will include Cluster A personality disorders of paranoid, schizoid, and schizotypal; Cluster B personality disorders of antisocial, borderline, histrionic, and narcissistic; and Cluster C personality disorders of avoidant, dependent, and obsessive-compulsive. As always, be sure you refer Chapters 1-3 for explanations of key terms (Chapter 1), an overview of the various models to explain psychopathology (Chapter 2), and descriptions of the various therapies (Chapter 3).
- 9.1 Overview of Clusters
- 9.2. Cluster A personality disorders
- 9.3 Cluster B personality disorders
- 9.4 Cluster C personality disorders
- 9.5 Comorbidity and etiology
Chapter Learning Outcomes
- Describe how personality disorders present and be able to distinguish between each.
- Identify the disorders included in each cluster and the characterization of each cluster.
- Describe the epidemiology of personality disorders.
- Describe comorbidity in relation to personality disorders.
- Describe the etiology of personality disorders.
- Describe treatment options for personality disorders.