Note Concerning DSM-5-TR
As of 8-1-22 this book has been updated to DSM-5-TR which was released in March 2022. The update includes the Clinical Presentation, Epidemiology, and Comorbidity sections of each module. The Etiology and Treatment sections will be updated by summer 2023.
Note Concerning Disorders of Childhood
As of 7-28-23 we have added a new module (Module 16) entitled Disorders of Childhood Overview. Please note that this is not an exhaustive discussion, but an overview, only and includes a discussion of clinical presentation, prevalence, comorbidity, and differential diagnosis (when relevant).
In this module, we cover:
- Disorders of infancy and early childhood to include disinhibited social engagement disorder, reactive attachment disorder, pica, rumination disorder, and avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder, enuresis, and encopresis.
- Developmental and motor-related disorders to include intellectual developmental disorder (intellectual disability), specific learning disorder, autism spectrum disorder, social (pragmatic) communication disorder, stereotypic movement, and tic disorders.
- Behavior-related disorders to include ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder, and intermittent explosive disorder.
- Anxiety disorders of selective mutism and separation anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders of trichotillomania, and excoriation disorder.
For a more comprehensive discussion, to include a discussion of etiology, assessment, and treatment options, please see our Behavioral Disorders of Childhood book (https://opentext.wsu.edu/behavioral-disorders-childhood/).
Gaining Access to the Instructors Resources
If you are the instructor of an abnormal psychology class and would like access to the Instructor Resources for this textbook, please email Lee Daffin (2nd author) at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access. I will work to vet your credentials, and if confirmed, I will email you the password for the page.
- To date, we have Power Point lectures posted courtesy of the hard work of Madeleine Stewart and Matt Meier, PsyD., of the Department of Psychology at Arizona State University. Lectures have been updated to 3rd edition by Cat Floyd-Jennings, MA, along with video added. To date, Modules 1-15 are posted. Module 16 will be posted during the fall 2023 as this is a new module for the book.
- We have Epub and Mobi versions of the book, though cannot upload them due to restrictions Pressbooks has. Thank you to April Babb Crisp, M.S., of the Department of Cultural and Behavioral Sciences Online at Georgia State University for creating these and sending them to us. We can email them to interested instructors. See the Instructor Resources page for details.
- Ms. Crisp has also developed and shared with us, and the larger learning community using this book, Flashcard files she developed for each module. Thank you again, April.
- We have developed and posted testbanks for ALL modules in the textbook as of 10-17-2022. These are updated to 3rd edition.
- As of fall 2021, I (Lee Daffin) have partnered with OpenClass which will give all OER in this series (and future OER) an online learning tool to help your students better prepare for their exams. The questions used in the reviews and quizzes come from the same testbanks where you will likely draw your questions. So this is truly time well spent for your students. All reviews and quizzes have been updated to 3rd edition as of 10-17-22.
Lee Daffin, on behalf of Alexis Bridley